- An important source of protein
Unlike beef and poultry which have a rate of proteins respective of 40% and 31%, against 60% in insect meat.
- Insects are hypoallergenic
Insect is a naturally hypoallergenic meat and is perfectly adapted to sensitive dogs who have food intolerances or skin problem.
- There are a lot of good nutriments in « these small beest »
Naturally rich in lauric acid and omega 3, 6 and 9, vitamin B complex, iron and calcium only good things for a steel health !
- A meat consummate altogether.
Contrary to flours of meats in industrial dry food, insect can be consumed by 80 to 100%, almost all thus no wasting but also a total preservation of its benefits.
- Insects are very easily digestible for your doggies !
It use the larvas in its entirety. The result : profiles of rich and diversified amino acids which compose the protein. As some chitin, a molecule which allows a better assimilation of nutriments and an easier digestion.
Indeed the insect is poor in calorie, and consists of only 16 % of fats contrary to the other meats, perfect so that your doggie slims!
- Insects emit 100x less CO2
Insect’s breeding rejects only 0,0001kg CO2 for a 1 kilo of meat and does not emit methane or nitrous oxide.
- ... And consume 17 times less water
Insects consume very little water, 1 liter for a 1 kilo of meat. Only larvas need water, adults as for them content themselves with water of fruits and vegetables with which they are fed.
9. And yes ! Insect is also a 100% natural recycling solution, insect feeding is made up solely of plant coproducts such as potato or beet peel from agriculture and not consumed by humans.
10. Tasty !
Hermetia illucen have a unique taste and appealing smell. This added to the natural ingredients we use in our kitchen such as banana, beet and coconut is a recipe for success that will delight our pets !